HOT or NOT

My Life

sábado, marzo 22, 2003

I've been getting a LOT of instant messages on my Yahoo Messenger, from guys who have as photos, a picture of their penis, along with messages that read "Wanna see my cock?", and "Help me cum, I have a cam". WTF??. My Yahoo profile doesn't show me naked, but fully clothed, and in my "interests" I have things like "Mexico", "Disney Parks", "Friends", etc. I don't see what's sexual about those things. So, I asked myself, are these men just totally perverted, who will try to engage in "cybersex" with anyone who will answer, based on a totally normal pic, just because I'm a GIRL, or is there something in my profile that makes them think I want it? For the longest time, I believe it was the former; these men have no lives, and as once one told me, when I rejected his IMs telling him he was married and should be talking to his wife not me, "Honey, if you don't chat with me, some other girl will. Nothing will make me stop doing this to be with my wife". That was just sad.
Well, one day I get an IM from a Filipino guy, in tagalog. Now, I don't speak or understand a lot of tagalog, but I know a few things here and there. So he asks how I am (in tagalog), and said "fine, but I don't speak much tagalog". He says, "But you understand it a little, right?". I said "Well, some....". I thought it was odd he thought I spoke it, since in my profile all it says is that I like Asian guys, but not that I prefer a certain kind or whatever. Then he says, "Well, I'm writing to you because I know you're Filipina". I'm like, oh you know, do you. He went on, "It makes me sad that you would be interested in "Cherry Poppin' Daddies"". I thought, why would it make him sad? I love their music! I think they're one of the greatest bands! I replied telling him that I wasn't filipina, but Mexican and Portuguese, and that Cherry Poppin' Daddies was a band. I went to my profile, and clicked on "Cherry Poppin' Daddies" which takes you to a list of all Yahoo members who have listed that as their interest. Well, although Cherry Poppin' Daddies IS listed in the Musical category, most people who joined the list were people who were thinking something else. Their other interests included "Younger women for older men", and "Bukkake" among other gross things. These people have NO idea that Cherry Poppin' Daddies is a MUSICAL BAND, and is not intended to mean a sex group in which older men are popping girls' cherries. I don't know what to think. It's obvious that when these people join these lists, they have NO clue what the thing actually is, and assume it has a sexual connotation. It makes me laugh, and at the same time makes me a bit sad... It's kinda sick, actually.
Check out the MSN site of Cherry Poppin' Daddies, for more info on the BAND.