HOT or NOT

My Life

jueves, noviembre 03, 2005

As if I needed one more distraction...

I have a new favorite website, Overheard in the Office. It's great. I need to start writing down all the humorous stuff I hear in the office here.

This one is from back in Feb 02 2005

There's No "U" in Team Either

Coworker #1: My palms are sweaty. What do you think that means?
Coworker #2: It means you're annoyed.
Coworker #1: Really?
Coworker #2: No, I guess I was just projecting.

330 Madison Avenue
New York, NY


From March 15 2005

It's Not Charity If You Don't Mock the Recipient

Suit: When are you going to wear that neon green shirt?
Businesswoman: Oh, that shirt. He said he didn't like it, so I looked at it and I thought, "You know what? He's right!" It was hideous! So I went right away to that flea market place? The thrift store. Now someone else can wear it. Probably some homeless lady! Ha, ha, ha!

350 Madison Avenue
New York, NY


"You mean this 'phone' device allows me to speak to other places?"

Guy: That person I just talked to was so nice. He sounded so relaxed, and people from New York never sound like that.
Woman: He's in Miami.

228 East 45th Street
New York, NY


March 22 2005

I Think My Brain Just Froze, Too

Trainer: What does the prefix "ante" mean?
Student: Against
Trainer: No, this is spelled a-n-t-e. It means before.
Student: Yeah, like antefreeze
Trainer: Huh?
Student: You know, you have to put it in the car before it freezes.

120 Broadway
New York, NY


It reminds me of a show I really like, The Office. I haven't seen the UK version which they say is better, but NBC's is pretty darn funny. Gotta love Steve Carrell!