HOT or NOT

My Life

lunes, noviembre 29, 2004

Times, they are a-changin'

Well, things do change quickly...
Thursday was the annual, very loud, very delicious, Thanksgiving dinner. My aunt made 2 turkeys, mashed potatoes, bacon-cheese potato wedges, biscuits (made from SCRATCH), gravy... all the good stuff. She also made the other stuff I don't like so I didn't really notice, like salad, cranberry jelly... It was fun though. I came home and watched that Seinfeld making-of show, good times. The next day, my mom called and asked if I wanted to go to my aunt's and eat the leftovers... WOULD I!? I was SO there. Not a whole lot was left, but enough for ME hehee. It was very good. Since the pies my mom made for the previous night (apple pie, pecan pie), were gone, my aunt offered me a Pepperidge Farm apple turnover. Well, I didn't expect it to be SO GOOD! I highly recommend it! Afterwards, my mom, my stepdad's daughter and I watched the original Freaky Friday, from 1976, with Jodie Foster as the kid (!) and John Astin (Gómez Addams!) as the dad. It was really funny, my mom was crying from laughter (she's kinda silly like that), but all in all good fun. Then I went to pick up my NEW GLASSES! YAY! I finally have new glasses; my old ones were just not cutting it anymore...
Saturday nothing of importance happened, I did rest a lot though. I was gonna go out at night but then it rained and my plans were cancelled.
Yesterday was a really good day, one of the few really good days I'd had in a really long time. I had won tickets for an IMAX movie a while ago, and they expire tomorrow. Well, I wasn't gonna let that happen!! So I asked my friend O to go with me. But before that, my best friend A and I were gonna have breakfast and catch up since we hadn't hung out in a while. She also needed to buy a dress for an event she has later this week, and though I don't like shopping, I wanted to hang out with her. So, we went to IHOP. OH it's good... International Passport Breakfast, Swedish: 2 eggs (sunny side up for me), 4 bacon (it's 2 bacon and 2 sausage but I don't like sausage), and 2 lingonberry-filled crepes. SO GOOOOODDDD!!!! Then we went to the hell that is Fashion Valley... It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, probably just a tiny bit more crowded than any other Sunday. I bet Friday was hell though... Since I'd planned with O to see the 6pm showing of the IMAX movie, around 4:30 I called him to arrange to meet at Fashion Valley around 5pm. We got to Balboa Park with just enough time to goof around the Science Center for a bit before the movie. And the movie... well... Wow. Volcanoes of the Deep Sea, directed by James "Titanic" Cameron. Very good movie. Afterward, O and I went to Corvette Diner, good times. Good food, and very good times.
All in all a weekend that improved with each day!