HOT or NOT

My Life

viernes, mayo 11, 2007

My apartment smells like I want to eat it.

Wait, what? Yes. I'm making this red velvet cake and so far, it smells amazing. And I haven't even begun to make the frosting, which is usually my favorite part of red velvet cake. I wish it was tomorrow, and I was eating it. I'm making it for the mother's day get together we're having tomorrow with the family. I really hope it turns out as good as it looks and smells so far.

In other news, last Sunday May 6th, the bf and I celebrated our first anniversary. I can't believe it's already been a year, but at the same time it feels like we just met a few months ago. In honor of the occasion, we went to Disneyland, my favorite place ever. It was so much fun!! Waking up at 5:45am wasn't fun, though. We were really supposed to get up (or I was) at 5:15am, but silly me I didn't actually activate the alarm. Anyway, after an OMG moment, we got up, got ready, and were on the road by 6:45am. We had an hr and a half (more or less) drive ahead of us. After we finally parked around 8:15am(in the Timon lot, oddly enough, and not inside the Mickey and Friends structure where I've parked every single time I've gone to Disney since the opened California Adventure), we headed to the park! YAY!! First stop- Indiana Jones, one of my favorites. The line for this ride tends to get pretty ridiculous as the day progresses, so I usually like to go on it early. There was little wait, and by 9:15 am we were in our jeep. Suddenly, about 3/4 of the way through, the jeep stalls. We weren't moving. After about 10 mins (maybe, it just felt really long) the lights turn on. Way to ruin the fantasy, guys! Well after even more waiting, a guy tells us that one of the jeeps died and it was in the way so no one could move. They fixed it, and we finished the ride. Then they let us go another round w/o getting out of the car! Yay! I took some pix inside the ride while we were waiting, I'll have to post them another time.

All in all it was a great day. For a Sunday, it wasn't too terribly crowded. I rode pretty much everything I wanted to ride in both parks, including a couple of times each on The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tower of Terror, and Space Mountain. Speaking of Space Mountain, we were walking towards it (or somewhere in Tomorrowland) when this lady stops me and gives me 2 fastpass tickets to Space Mountain because she was leaving, and she caught me so off guard that I didn't even thank her. But thank you kind lady for giving us the chance to go on Space Mountain again without having to stand in the 55 min stand by line!!

Ok back to the cake, gotta continue my masterpiece (pix of that another time too, I hope I remember!)

Etiquetas: ,

1 Comments:

  • Okay, work with me here, but...is is possible that the Nazis sabotaged the Indiana Jones ride...? And then...then...your boyfriend had to escape the Nazis by using a bullwhip to fight them off and swing you both to safety? And afterward, you all chilled on Main Street with $10 Cokes?

    Happy anniversary, by the way! Funny how fast a year passes.

    By Blogger Andrew, at jueves, 17 de mayo de 2007, 12:48:00 p.m. GMT-7  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home